Our personal abode. With unique notions. A dreamy episode. Put in motion.

Monday, September 10, 2007

Family: Bernard

I remember feeding pigeons, listening to their coos, hearing the flutter of their wings, feeling the wind beneath their wings. I remember my parents, my mother's coos, my father's wings, feeling their blanket of security. It wasn't easy being my parents, but they persevered, and made me who I am today. I can't thank them enough. I hope that they would see this yellowed photograph in a different light now. Mum and Dad, I'm no longer a fledgling, thanks for letting me earn my wings; but since it's big world out there, I did what I had to do, I needed to flex my wings, or else I would flounder when it really mattered. I know, the world is not always good, but it's beautiful too. Perhaps you'll think that there is danger in beauty, but I have always believed in this: that which is beautiful is not always good, but that which is good is always beautiful.

No comments: