Our personal abode. With unique notions. A dreamy episode. Put in motion.

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Life: Booty-licious Jetabout

At a year old now, and with some chinks in its armour, our "Booty-licious Jetabout" is still like our baby. We can't deny it, we really love cars, and that is why we decided to get a sticker job done in time for Chinese New Year. A dragon, nonetheless, and a red one at that! It not simple to be a car owner in Singapore. To us, a car is not a status symbol. To us, a car is a convenient and quick means of transport. To me, it is a sign that I have grown up, especially in the eyes of my parents. I can still remember how hard I tried to keep it from my parents that I owned a car, waiting till the opportune time to surprise them. And my, did their tone change after the great reveal, a change from the "do-you-still-need-me-to-chaffeur-you-and-i-don't-think-you-have-the-means-to-buy-a-car" to the "you-have-grown-up-son-and-drive-carefully" tone. But mind you, I do take note of my green footprint, as evident by our choice of car.

No comments: